- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 (8 ounces) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 large eggs
Ingredients Passion Fruit Curd:
- 3 eggs
- 3 eggs yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup passion fruit puree
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Place 1/2 inch of water in a half sheet pan. Place it in the oven.
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan. Line the bottom with a 9-inch circle parchment paper. Wrap the sides and bottom of the pan in tin foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and cinnamon. Mix until the graham cracker crumbs are moist. Place the mixture into the pan and pat down.
- Place the springform pan in the freezer for 20 minutes. The crust will set.
- In a large bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer. It will become light and fluffy.
- Into the large bowl, add the sour cream and vanilla. Mix until blended.
- Mix in one egg at a time.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Bake until the center is set and top begins to brown.
- Let cool in the pan for 2 hours.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour before removing from the pan.
Instructions Passion Fruit Curd:
- In a double boiler, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and passionfruit. Whisk continuously or the eggs could scramble. Cook for 10 minutes. The curd will thicken and the bubbles on top will disappear. Remove from heat.
- Stir in butter in small pieces.
- Strain into a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap with the plastic wrap touching the curd so a skin doesn’t form.
- Spread the passionfruit curd over the cheesecake.
- Slice and serve.