Location: Chefs de France – Epcot – Walt Disney World
Source: Disney Parks Blog
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 orange
- Pinch salt
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted, plus more for dusting pan
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter. Set aside.
- Remove one tablespoon of the melted butter and lightly brush the Madeleine molds. Dust the molds with flour and get rid of any excess flour there might be.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar. It will become light and fluffy.
- Beat in the milk, vanilla, orange zest, and salt.
- Add the flour and baking powder. Mix just until combined.
- Slowly add the melted butter. Beat as you are adding it.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 475F.
- Fill each madeleine mold with 1 tablespoon of batter.
- Place the molds in the oven and reduce the temperature to 375F.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Bake until golden brown around the edges. They will puff up. Let cool or 5 minutes.
- Carefully remove from the pans and serve.
For official information, please check out Disney‘s official website www.disney.com.
2 thoughts on “Madeleines”
I do adore the madeleines from Chefs de France. I am going to have to attempt these.
They are the perfect light snack. You just have to watch you don’t eat too many. Or is that me?