Location: BOMA – Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Walt Disney World
Location: The Mara – Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Walt Disney World
Location: Johari Treasures – Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Walt Disney World
- 1 pound milk chocolate
- 1/4 cup espresso coffee
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 sheets gelatin
- 1/2 cup Kahlua Liqueur
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup white chocolate ganache
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate ganache
- sponge cake
- In the microwave, melt the chocolate.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream. Whip until soft peaks.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yolks and sugar.
- In a large bowl, soften the gelatin in cold water.
- Mix the Kahlua and coffee in with the gelatin. Place the bowl over hot water. It will dissolve the gelatin.
- Fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the melted chocolate.
- Add the yolk mixture into the gelatin mixture.
- Fold in the remaining 2/3 of the whipped cream.
- Place the mousse into flexipan domes close to the top.
- Cut the sponge cake into circles and place on the top of each dome. Place in the freezer to set.
- Once hard, place on a glazing rack.
- Make the chocolate ganache and white chocolate ganache (heated cream poured over the chocolate and mixed well).
- Place chocolate ganache in a pastry bag.
- Ladle white chocolate ganache over the domes and the quickly pipe the chocolate ganache over the dome.
- Place the domes in the refrigerator to let the glaze to set.
- Decorate the bottom edge of each dome.
- Place one coffee bean in the center of the domes.
For official information, please check out Disney‘s official website www.disney.com.
6 thoughts on “Zebra Domes”
I always wondered how these were made. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
I still have never tried them in the parks. It’s on my must do list next time I’m there.
I didn’t love these, but my sister was a HUGE fan. I should make these for her for her birthday!
That’s such an awesome idea!
These are like one of my favorite treats at Disney! The last time we were there I was disappointed they weren’t at the buffet and our server said that they weren’t serving them there because they were sold in the quick service location now. Before we paid our check he brought over a little plate of them just for us! I LOVE the Disney magic!!
Oh that’s so special that he did that for you guys!