- 1 pound milk chocolate
- 1/4 cup espresso coffee
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 sheets gelatin
- 1/2 cup Kahlua Liqueur
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup white chocolate ganache
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate ganache
- sponge cake
- In the microwave, melt the chocolate.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream. Whip until soft peaks.
- In a small bowl, mix together the yolks and sugar.
- In a large bowl, soften the gelatin in cold water.
- Mix the Kahlua and coffee in with the gelatin. Place the bowl over hot water. It will dissolve the gelatin.
- Fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the melted chocolate.
- Add the yolk mixture into the gelatin mixture.
- Fold in the remaining 2/3 of the whipped cream.
- Place the mousse into flexipan domes close to the top.
- Cut the sponge cake into circles and place on the top of each dome. Place in the freezer to set.
- Once hard, place on a glazing rack.
- Make the chocolate ganache and white chocolate ganache (heated cream poured over the chocolate and mixed well).
- Place chocolate ganache in a pastry bag.
- Ladle white chocolate ganache over the domes and the quickly pipe the chocolate ganache over the dome.
- Place the domes in the refrigerator to let the glaze to set.
- Decorate the bottom edge of each dome.
- Place one coffee bean in the center of the domes.