Ingredients Vanilla Sauce:
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 oz sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean that has been split lengthwise
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
Instructions Vanilla Sauce:
- In a saucepan, bring to a boil the milk, cream, and the vanilla bean.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar.
- While whisking constantly, pour the cream mixture into the egg mixture. Whisk the entire time so the egg yolks do not scramble.
- Place the mixture back on the heat but no boil, the mixture. The sauce will become creamy and thick.
- Strain the sauce and place the bowl in an ice bath.