Disney Park Recipe:
• 1 package (16 ounces) frozen Strawberries, thawed
• 1 tablespoon sugar
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 2 tablespoon cold water
• 1 pint fresh strawberries
• 4 or 5 slices pound cake
• 1 can whip topping or ½ cup heavy cream, whipped
1. In a small saucepan, drain the juice from the strawberries. Set the strawberries aside for later.
2. Add sugar and heat.
3. In a small bowl or cup, dissolve the cornstarch in cold water.
4. While stirring, slowly add the cornstarch mixture to the saucepan. Simmer for 3 minutes.
5. Add the frozen strawberries back in, and chill.
6. Wash and remove the stems from the fresh strawberries. Dry and cut the strawberries in half.
7. Place a slice on a plate. Spoon strawberry sauce over the cake. Top with the fresh strawberries.
8. Optional: Top with whipped cream