Ingredients Pumpkin Ice Cream:
• 1 cup canned or fresh pumpkin
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 5 egg yolks
• ¾ cup brown sugar, divided
• 2 cups heavy cream, divided
• ½ tsp ground ginger
• ½ tsp ground cinnamon
• ¼ tsp salt
• 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
• 1 tbsp. bourbon whiskey
• 3 Cups Pumpkin Ice Cream
• 1 ½ cups heavy cream, plus more, if needed
Instructions Pumpkin Ice Cream:
1. In a small bowl, whisk together pumpkin and vanilla. Place in the refrigerator until you are ready to use it.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the egg yolks, ¼ cup brown sugar, ½ cup heavy cream, ginger, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved. Place the bowl aside.
3. In a medium saucepan, combine the 1 ½ cups of heavy cream and ½ cup of brown sugar. Cook for 5 minutes. When bubbles form around the edge of the pan. Remove from the heat.
4. Into the egg mixture, slowly whisk ½ cup of warm cream and sugar. Place the egg mixture back into the saucepan with cream and sugar. Cook on medium heat, stir for five minutes. The custard will become thick but you do not want to mixture to boil.
5. Through a fine mesh strainer. Strain the custard into a bowl. Place the bowl in an ice bath to stop the cooking process.
6. Whisk in the pumpkin mixture.
7. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 3 hours. When you plastic wrap it, press the plastic on to the top of the custard. This will stop a film from forming on top of the custard.
8. Place the custard in an ice cream maker and follow the machine’s directions. During the last minute add the bourbon.
9. Cover and store until ready to serve it.
Instructions for Milkshakes:
1. In a blender, place the ice cream. Blend until smooth. Add additional heavy cream, if you want the milkshake to be less thick.
2. Pour into a glass.