Disney Park Recipe:
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup dehydrated onion, or dried minced onion
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 1/3 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 cup whole milk plus 1 to 2 tablespoons, if needed
- 3/4 cup softened butter, divided
- In a small bowl, combine the water and dehydrated onion. Let the onion soak for at least 20 minutes.
- In an electric mixer with a dough hook on low speed, combine the bread flour, salt, granulated sugar, and the instant yeast. Mix for 30 seconds.
- Add the milk and 1/4 cup of butter. Mix for 2 minutes on low speed.
- Add half the onions and 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk if needed. Increase the speed to medium-low and mix. Mix until the dough comes together.
- Dust a towel with flour and cover the bowl. Let the bowl rest for 5 minutes.
- On a clean and floured surface, roll out the dough to a 12-by-9-inch rectangle.
- Spread the butter over one half of the dough. Fold the dough in half and roll back out to a 12-by-9-inch rectangle. Fold the dough in thirds towards the center and roll back out to a 12-by-9-inch rectangle. Do not squeeze the butter out.
- Place the dough on a paper-lined plastic tray. Place in the refrigerator for 90 minutes.
- On a clean floured surface, fold the dough in half in the opposite way you did previously and roll out to 12-by-9-inch rectangle. Fold the dough in thirds towards the center and roll back out to a 12-by-9-inch rectangle.
- Place dough on the paper-lined tray and place back into the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 12-muffin pan.
- Cut the dough into thirds lengthwise.
- Cut the strips into fourth.
- Curl the pieces into a circle and place in the greased pan. The layers edges facing up.
- Sprinkle the remaining onion over the rolls.
- In a warm and moist area, let the dough rest for 20 to 30 minutes. The dough will rise slightly.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes. The dough will be golden brown.
- Serve with butter.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Chop the macadamia nuts finely.
- Place the chopped nuts on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 6 minutes. They will be toasted.
- Place the nut on a plate.
- Let the nuts cool completely.
- In a stand mixer with a whip attachment, beat together butter and margarine. The mixture will become creamy.
- Add the chopped nuts and honey and mix.
- Serve at room temperature.