Source: Mickey’s Gourmet Cookbook
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a muffin tray with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together the milk and the oatmeal. Let the oatmeal soak for 30 minutes.
- Stir in the melted butter, egg, brown sugar and raisins. Mix well until everything is well blended.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the nuts, flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add to the oatmeal mixture. Blend enough to moisten the flour. The batter will still be lumpy.
- Fill two-thirds of each muffin cup with batter.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.