Source: Mickey’s Gourmet Cookbook
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 4 whole cloves
- Cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-quart orange juice, fresh
- Ice cubes
- Lemon wedge
- Mint sprig, fresh
- In a medium saucepan, combine the lemon, cloves, cinnamon stick, sugar and orange juice. Simmer for 15 minutes. You do not want the mixture to boil, only simmer.
- Strain the mixture.
- Place in the refrigerator until well chilled.
- In a glass, add 50% cold brewed tea and 50% juice mixture.
- Garnish with lemon wedge.
- Garnish with the fresh mint sprig.
Note: Tea needs to be completely cooled before mixing or it will discolor. Keep cool.