Disney Park Recipe:
Ingredients Pineapple Sweet Bread:
- 1 cup warm pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 4 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
Ingredients Macadamia Honey Butter:
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup salted margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 macadamia nuts
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, combine the warm pineapple juice and yeast. Mix together. Let the mixture sit for 5 to 10 minutes. The mixture will become foamy.
- Add the sugar, eggs, and margarine into the bowl. Mix together.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour and salt together. Add half the flour mixture to the sugar mixture.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and stir in the remaining flour into the bowl. Mix until the dough comes together.
- With a slightly damp towel, cover the bowl and let the dough rise. It will double in size in about an hour.
- On a clean and floured surface, place the dough and divide it into four sections.
- Form each section into balls.
- Place on a baking sheet and cut an “X” about 1/2-inch deep into the top of each ball.
- With a damp towel, cover the bowl and let rise for 45 minutes in the warmest place of your cooking space.
- After 30 minutes you can begin to preheat your oven to 375F.
- Bake the bread for 20-25 minutes. The bread will become golden brown.
- Serve warm and serve with the macadamia honey butter from the restaurant.