• 1/3 cup sugar
• 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
• ¼ cup fresh lime juice
• 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
• 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
• 2 cups heavy cream
• 1/8 teaspoon green food coloring
• 1 9-inch graham cracker pie shell or baked pie shell
1. In a double boiler, mix the sugar and gelatin together.
2. Add the lime juice and egg yolks with the mixture. Cook and stir until the mixture because thick. Remove from the heat.
3. Stir in the lime peel and let the mixture cool.
4. In a medium bowl, whip the cream until stiff peaks. Add the food coloring until well mixed.
5. Fold the whipped cream into the lime bowl.
6. Pour the mixture into the piecrust.
7. Place in the refrigerator until firm.