Location: Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa Bakery – Walt Disney World
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 2 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 3 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 ¼ teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground star anise
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground mace
- 1 cup colored decorating sugar
- 2 eggs
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar.
- One at a time beat in the eggs.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, coriander, anise, baking powder, ground fennel, ground ginger, cloves, salt, and mace together. Mix together well.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture. Mix until the dough holds together.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap. Place in the refrigerator for 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease two baking sheets.
- Allow the dough to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- On a clean and lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/8-inch dough,
- Use a cookie cutter to cut the shapes. Place on the baking sheet. Leave 1 inch between each cookie on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 14 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack to let cool.