Disney Park Recipe:
Source: Disney Parks Blog
See Note below for mini Heart shaped version.
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 5 eggs at room temperature, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup prepared espresso
Ingredients Chocolate Ganache:
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1 stick softened butter
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Wrap a 9-inch springform pan with plastic wrap. Then cover that with a layer of tin foil.
- Heavenly grease and sugar the pan. Place in a roasting pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the 3/4 cup sugar and prepared espresso. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate.
- When the chocolate just melts, add the butter one tablespoon at a time. Stir well.
- Add the espresso syrup and vanilla extract. Stir well. Set aside to let cool.
- Once cool, carefully stir in the eggs until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Pour boiling water into the roasting pan about 3/4 way up the springform pan.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes. Bake until the center of the torte is almost set. It will still be slightly wobbly.
- Place on a wire rack and let cool completely. Once cooled, place in the refrigerator to cool for at least 8 hours.
Instructions for Ganache:
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate. Set aside to cool for at least 3 or 4 minutes.
- Stir in butter one tablespoon at a time. The ganache will be shiny and glossy.
- Remove the torte from the pan, and place the Torte on a wire rack.
- Slowly pour the ganache over the Torte. Use a rubber spatula to spread the ganache over the Torte. The excess will drip off the sides.
- Line a platter with parchment paper, place torte on the platter. Place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Serve with ice cream.
Note: To have mini heart-shaped cakes cut with a heart shape cutter and pour ganache as regular instructions.