- 8 1-ounce squares semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 5 egg yolks
- 4 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly butter and sugar the sides and bottom of 6 (3/4 cup) ramekins. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate until smooth. Remove from the water and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks, and whole eggs together. Once beat, beat in the sugar until light and fluffy.
- Fold in the chocolate.
- Fold the sifted flour into the mixture.
- Pour the batter into each ramekin filling them 3/4 full.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. The sides will be set but the middle will still be soft.
- Use a knife to loosen by cutting carefully around the edges.
- Invert on a plate.
- Serve with ice cream.