Source: Mickey’s Gourmet Cookbook
Ingredients Chocolate Genoise:
• 7 eggs
• 1 cup sugar
• ½ cup cocoa
• 1 cup cake flour
• 1/3 cornstarch
• 1 tbsp butter, melted
• Rasperberry Bavarian Cream
• Raspberry Topping
Ingredients Raspberry Bavarian Cream:
• 4 egg yolks
• ½ cup sugar
• 2 cups raspberry syrup or juice
• 2 cups heavy cream
• 4 leaves gelatin (or 2 tbsp dry gelatin dissolved in ¼ cup warm water )
• 2 cups raspberries, fresh
Ingredients Raspberry Topping:
• ½ cup raspberry jam
• ½ cup water
• ½ cup sugar
Instructions Chocolate Genoise:
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Grease and flour a 10-inch springform pan. Place waxed paper on the bottom.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together the cocoa, cake flour, and cornstarch.
4. In a double boiler, combine the eggs, and sugar. Heat over hot water. Stir constantly so the eggs do not scramble. You want the eggs warm and not hot.
5. Remove from the heat, and whisk the mixture until light and fluffy.
6. Fold the butter mixture into the egg mixture.
7. Fold in the flour mixture into the bowl as well.
8. Place the mixture into the prepared pan.
9. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
10. Let cool on a wire rack.
Instructions Raspberry Bavarian Cream:
1. In a medium bowl using an electric mixture, beat egg yolks and sugar. Beat until thick and creamy.
2. Bring the raspberry syrup to a boil.
3. Slowly add the raspberry syrup to the egg mixture. Mix in a little at a time and mix really well after every addition.
4. Place the mixture in a double boil. Cook over a low heat. Stir constantly.
5. In a small bowl, soak the gelatin leaves in the cold water. When they become soft, removes as much liquid as possible from them and add them to the raspberry mixture. Stir until dissolved.
6. Strain through a fine sieve and let cool to room temperature.
7. In a medium bowl, whip the cream.
8. Fold the cream into the cooled mixture.
9. Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
Instructions Raspberry Topping:
1. In a medium saucepan, combine all ingredients and cook until sugar is dissolved.
2. Let cool completely.
1. Slice the chocolate genoise into three equal pieces. Place one layer back into the pan.
2. Pipe a ring of filling around the edge of the first layer. Place a ring of fresh raspberries. Pipe another ring of filing, raspberry and continue until you reach the center of the cake. Spread smooth with a spatula.
3. Place another layer of cake and repeat the filling instruction.
4. Place last layer of cake on top of the cake.
5. Refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
6. Remove from the pan and place on your serving plate.
7. Pour the topping over the torte.
8. Serve with fresh raspberries and the whipped cream.