Source: Mickey’s Gourmet Cookbook
- 4 loave bread, dry
- 4 cups half-and-half or milk
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 stick butter or margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 6 egg, beaten
- Vanilla sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9x12x2-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the half-and-half, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, vanilla, and half the butter. Mix together.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs together.
- Add the egg mixture to the half-and-half mixture and mix well.
- Combine the egg mixture and the bread together, mix and allow to soak for 5 minutes.
- Add the bread mixture to the prepared pan.
- Dot the top of the bread mixture with butter.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let cool and serve with vanilla sauce.