Ingredients Sponge Cake:
- 32 oz egg yolk & 16 oz sugar, whipped to soft peak
- 8 each banana, mashed
- 16 oz. walnuts
- 1/4 oz vanilla extract
- 32 oz egg whites, whipped to soft peaks
- 20 oz sugar
- 28 oz all-purpose, sifted
- 1/2 oz baking powder
- 1/4 oz baking soda
- Preheat oven to 335F.
- In a medium bowl, whip the egg yolks and sugar together. Whip until you reach soft peaks.
- In a medium bowl, combine the bananas, walnuts, and vanilla. Mashed them together.
- In a medium bowl, whip together the egg whites and sugar together. Whip until you reach soft peaks.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks mixture, banana mixture, and egg whites mixture together. Mix together.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Pour into a sheet pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cut the sponge into individual serving rounds.
- Top each round with Banana Bavarian cream, sliced fresh banana, and top with another sponge round. Place them in the freezer.
- Once frozen, top with whipped cream, sugared pecan nuts, caramel sauce, and chocolate sauce.