• 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
• ¼ cup cold water
• 1 tablespoon cornstarch
• 1 cup milk
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• ½ tablespoon butter
• 2 eggs, slightly beaten
• 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
• ½ cup whipped topping (or heavy cream, whipped)
• 1 9-inch graham cracker pie shell
• 2 small bananas, sliced into 1/8-inch thick slices
1. In a small bowl, soak the gelatin in the cold water. Place the bowl aside.
2. In a small bowl, dissolve the cornstarch in ¼ cup cold milk.
3. In a saucepan, stir together the cornstarch mixture, the remaining milk, sugar, and butter. Simmer for 2 minutes. Stir constantly.
4. In a medium bowl, place the eggs.
5. Pour the milk mixture into the egg mixture. Stir well.
6. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan. Do not boil, but cook and stir until the mixture because thick. Remove from the heat.
7. Mix in the gelatin. Stir until everything is dissolved.
8. Mix in the peanut butter.
9. Place in the refrigerator to chill until the mixture becomes thick.
10. Fold in the whipped cream or topping into the mixture.
11. Spread half the to in the pie shell. Spread it out evenly.
12. Add a layer of the banana slices.
13. Evenly spread the remaining whipped mixture over the banana slices.
14. Garnish with whipped cream whipped topping rosettes.