• 7 Granny Smith apples
• 1 cup sugar
• 2 cups water
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
• ¼ cup apple juice
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 2 teaspoons applejack brandy
• 1 ½ teaspoons apricot brandy
• 1 ½ teaspoons dark rum
• ¼ cup heavy cream, whipped
• 1/8 teaspoon green food coloring
1. Peel and core 6 apples.
2. In a large saucepan, combine 1 cup of sugar, water, and lemon juice. Bring the mixture to boil.
3. Add the apple to the saucepan. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Making sure to baste the apples until they become tender.
4. Remove the apples from the pan and let cool to room temperature. Once, cool, place in the refrigerator to chill.
5. Peel, core, and cube the remaining apples.
6. In a small saucepan, place the apple cubes, vanilla, apple juice and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Let simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. The apples will be soft and the liquid will evaporate.
7. In a blender, puree the mixture and let cool.
8. Once cool, add the applejack brandy, apricot brandy, and rum.
9. Fold in the whipped cream and food coloring.
1. Place the whipped cream in the center of the poached apples.