Source: Disney Parks Blog
- • 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- • 1 tsp baking powder
- • ½ tsp salt
- • ¾ cup butter softened
- • 1 cup sugar
- • 2 eggs
- • ½ tsp vanilla extract
- • 2 egg whites
- • 3 cups confectioner’s sugar
- • ½ tsp almond extract
- • Black food coloring paste
Instructions for cookies:
1. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt together. Mix until well combined.
2. In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar. Beat until smooth.
3. Beat in the eggs one at a time.
4. Add the vanilla.
5. Doing it in three parts, add the flour mixture. Mix very well.
6. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for one hour.
7. Preheat the oven to 400F.
8. On a clean and floured surface, roll out the dough to ¼ inch thick.
9. Use a cookie cutter to cut 3 ¼ inches in diameter circles.
10. On an ungreased cookie sheet, place the circles one inch apart.
11. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
12. Cool the cookies completely before covering in icing.
Instructions for icing:
1. In an electric mixer, whisk the egg whites until frothy.
2. Whisk in the confectioner’s sugar until the mixture becomes thick and spreadable.
3. In a small bowl, place 1/3 of the icing and mix in black food coloring.
4. Cover the cookie with white icing and let dry completely.
5. Place the black icing in a pastry bag with a tip or cut the corner of the bag, draw on the eyes, nostrils and stitched mouth on all the cookies.