Note: Recipe is made in two parts. You should make the filling first.
Ingredients Crepe Filling:
• 1 ¼ teaspoons unflavored gelatin
• ¼ cup cold water
• ¼ cup milk
• 3 tablespoons sugar
• 1 tablespoon crème de menthe
• 2/3 cup heavy cream
• 1/8 teaspoon green food coloring
• ¼ teaspoon mint flavoring
• 1/16 teaspoon salt
• 1-ounce semisweet chocolate, shaved divided
• 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons cocoa, sifted
• 2 teaspoons sugar
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• 1 egg
• 1/3 cup milk
• 2 teaspoons melted butter
• Additional whipped cream
Instructions Crepe Filling:
1. In a small cup, soak the gelatin in cold water. Place the cup in a bowl of hot water to dissolve. Set aside until it is lukewarm.
2. In a stand mixer, mix together the milk, sugar, crème de menthe, heavy cream, food coloring, mint flavoring, and salt. Beat until the mixture thickens.
3. Slowly add the gelatin mixture to the bowl. Mix well.
4. Place 1 tablespoon of the shaved chocolate aside for later.
5. Fold the remaining of the shaved chocolate into the cream mixture.
6. Place in refrigerator to chill.
1. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa, sugar, salt, egg, and milk. Whisk well together.
2. Stir in the melted butter. Place the bowl in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
3. Grease a 6 or 7-inch skillet. Heat over a moderate heat.
4. Pour in a scant 2 tablespoons batter.
5. Form a round thin layer but tilting the pan. You want to make a thin circle. Brown on one side, and once brown, flip over to the other side. Continue until you have made all the crepes. Place a piece of paper between each crepe when they were finished.
1. Lay a crepe flat on a plate.
2. Place filling in the center of the crepe.
3. Fold the crepe over the filling.
4. Top with whipped cream.
5. Sprinkle with shaved chocolate.
6. Serve it hot.