Ingredients Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Ingredients Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
Ingredients Chocolate Cake:
- 1 boxed chocolate cake mix (do not use cake mix with pudding or chocolate syrup)
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Instructions Cream Cheese Filling:
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment on low speed, combine the cream cheese, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
Instructions Streusel Topping:
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Using a fork, mix together until combined.
- Add the butter and mix until the mixture is crumbly.
Instructions Chocolate Cake:
- Prepare according to personal recipe or box instructions.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Grease or place paper liner in the muffin trays.
- Fill each cup halfway with the cake batter.
- Place 1 tablespoon of cream cheese filling over the chocolate batter.
- Sprinkle the streusel over the mixture.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. The muffins are done with a toothpick can be inserted in the chocolate part and comes out without batter on it. The cream cheese part could still be moist.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in the tray. Then remove and let cool on a wire rack.