Disney Park Recipe:
Source: Epcot International Food & Wine Festival – Recipes & Stories Celebrating 20 Years by Pam Brandon & The Disney Chefs
Ingredients Chocolate Lava Cake:
- 8 (1-ounce) semisweet chocolate squares, chopped, or 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 sticks butter
- 5 egg yolks
- 4 whole eggs
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- 4 ounces milk chocolate
Instructions Lava Cake:
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Light butter and sugar 6 (3/4 cup) ramekins. Shake out any excess.
- Using a double boiler with simmering water, melt the chocolate and butter. Once melted, remove from heat and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and whole eggs. Beat in the sugar. The mixture will become thick and light. Should take about 2 minutes.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
- Fold sifted flour into the batter. The mixture will become smooth.
- Fill the ramekins 3/4 full.
- Place the ramekins on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. The sides of the cake will be firm but the middle will be soft. Make sure not to over bake.
- Use a small knife to cut around the side of the cake. It will loosen the cake. Let the ramekins sit for the one minute but inverting onto a plate.
- Drizzle with the ganache before serving.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, stir together the cream and Baileys.
- Remove from heat before starting to boil.
- Stir in the milk chocolate.