Disney Park Recipe:
Source: Disney Parks Blog
- 1 1/2 cups pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 8 large eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Whipped Cream, toasted coconut, for topping
- 14-ounce can sweeten condensed milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk or evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup white rum
Ingredients Guava Sauce:
- 8 ounces guava paste
- 1 cup warm water
Instructions for Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch cake pan. Set the pan aside.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Stir well.
- In a stand mixer with a whisk attachment on high speed, beat together the egg yolks and 1/2 sugar. Whip until thick and light ribbon stage is reached.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and set aside. Clean the stand mixer and attachment well.
- In the stand mixer, whip the egg whites until foamy. Mix in the cream of tartar and the remaining 1/2 cup sugar. On medium speed, whip until glossy and stiff but you do not want it to be dry.
- Fold in 1/3 of the egg whites into the yolk mixture. Continue all the egg whites are folded in.
- Fold in 1/3 of the flour mixture. Repeat until all the flour is incorporated.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes for until golden brown and spongy.
- Let the cake cooled on a wire rack.
- While the cake is still warm, soak the cake with the syrup.
- Cool the cake completely before continuing.
- Ice the cooled cake with the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle the cake with the coconut.
- Drizzle for guava paste.
- Place in the refrigerator to set before serving.
Instructions for Syrup:
- In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients. Mix together well.
Instructions for Guava Sauce:
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment on low speed, beat the guava paste.
- Increase the speed and slowly add water to thin enough to drizzle.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to drizzle over the cake.