- 2 quarts fresh strawberries
- 1 sponge cake sheet
- 1-quart whipped cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup strawberry glaze
- Strawberries for garnish
- Strawberry glaze for garnish
Ingredients Sponge Cake:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Powdered sugar
Instructions Sponge Cake:
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Line your cake pan with parchment paper. Spray the entire pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs until thick and lemon colored.
- Beat in the sugar, water, and vanilla.
- Slowly add the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix the batter until it is smooth.
- Pour into cake pan. Make sure it is evenly spread out.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Bake until a toothpick is inserted in the middle and come out clean.
- As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, loosen the edges.
- On a clean and powdered sugared table, flip the cake over and remove the parchment paper.
- Let cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes.
- In a strainer, wash and dry the strawberries.
- Cut each strawberry in half.
- Remove the stems.
- In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream to soft peaks.
- Add the powdered sugar and continue to whip until stiff peaks are formed.
- Cut the sponge vertically in three layers.
- On a platter, lay one layer of cake.
- Top with the whipped cream.
- Top with strawberries. Repeat the layers two more times.
- Frost the cake with whipped cream.
- Garnish the top of the cake with split strawberries.
- Drizzle with strawberry glaze.