Disney Park Recipe:
Ingredients Angel Food Cake:
- 12 egg whites
- ½ teaspoon of Cream of Tartar
- 1 ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup cake flour
Ingredients Strawberry Sauce:
- 6 large strawberries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jam
Ingredients Angel Verrine:
- Angel Food Cake Cubes
- 1 ½ cups prepared vanilla pudding
- Strawberry Sauce
- 6 to 12 strawberries, diced
Instructions Angel Food Cake:
- In an electric mixer, place the egg whites. Set aside until room temperature. Once the temperature is reached, beat the eggs until frothy.
- To the egg mixture, beat in the cream of Tartar. Beat until medium peaks form.
- In a large bowl, sift together the sifted confectioners’ sugar and flour.
- Sprinkle ¼ of the flour over the egg whites. Fold in. Continue all the flour is folded in.
- Into an ungreased tube pan, pour in the batter.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Bake until golden brown.
- Flip the pan upside down to let cool. Cut the cake into ½ inch cubes when the cake is cool.
Instructions Strawberry Sauce:
- In a blender, puree together the strawberries and water.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Whisk in the strawberry jam.
- Place one tablespoon strawberry sauce in the dessert dish.
- Cover with a layer of angel food cake cubes.
- Layer with a tablespoon vanilla pudding.
- Make sure the layers are even.
- Layer 1 to 2 chopped strawberries.
- Drizzle with strawberry sauce.