Source: Mickey’s Gourmet Cookbook
Yield: 1 9-inch Pie
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup heavy maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 4 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 1/4 cups pecan halves
- 1 9-inch unbaked pie shell
- Sweetened whipped cream
1.Preheat your oven to 350F degrees
2. In an electric mixer, blend together the butter, maple syrup, brown sugar, and salt.
3.tir in the eggs. You want to mix until very well blended. Add the pecans to the mixture and mix.
4. Pour into the unbaked pie shell and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. Bake until it is firm.
5. Serve with the whipped cream.
Note: This pie can be made less rich by using 1/4 cup butter instead of the 1/2 cup.