- 14 oz. Can Mangoes in Syrup
- 2 pieces Stem of preserved Ginger
- 1 cup Double Heavy Cream
- 4 Tsp Powdered Gelatin
- 2 Tsp Hot Water
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 ½ Tsp Light Brown Sugar
- Stem Preserved Ginger
- Lime Zest
- Drain the mangoes. Save the syrup.
- In a blender, blend the mango pieces and the ginger. Blend until smooth.
- Measure out the mango puree. If it does not make 1¼ cups, use some of the reserved mango syrup.
- In a medium bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form.
- Fold in the mango mixture to the whipped cream.
- In a small bowl, dissolve the gelatin in hot water. Let cool slightly.
- While continuously stirring, slowly add the gelatin mixture to the mango mixture.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool for 30 minutes. It will almost set.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until white peaks are formed. Beat in the sugar.
- Fold the egg whites into the mango mixture. It’s best to use a metal spoon.
- Spoon the mousse into the serving dishes.
- Garnish with stem preserved ginger and the lime zest.