Disney Park Recipe:
Ingredients For the Flan:
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 cups condensed milk
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Ingredients For the Caramel:
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter 6 individual ramekins.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs only enough to blend.
- Into a clean bowl, strain the yolks. Combine the milk. Stir in the coconut and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt the sugar with the water. Do not mix with a spoon until the sugar has melted.
- Carefully pour 2 tablespoons of caramel into each ramekin. Swirl the caramel around the sides.
- Place the ramekins into a large roasting pan. Pour water into the roasting pan until they are halfway up the ramekins.
- Pour the custard into the caramel-lined ramekins.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Serve at room temperature.