Disney Park Recipe:
Source: Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Recipes & Stories Celebrating 20 Years
• 2 tbsps cornstarch
• 1 ½ cups whole milk, divided
• 2 egg yolks
• 1 tsp grated lemon peel
• 1 tsp grated orange peel
• 7 tbsp sugar, divided
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and 2 tbsps of milk.
2. Into the milk bowl, whisk in the egg yolks, lemon peel, and orange peel.
3. In a saucepan over medium heat, stir in the 6 tbsps of sugar and the remaining milk. Stir and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. The mixture will begin to bowl.
4. Add the cornstarch mixture and stir well. Cook and stir for 3 to 5 minutes. The mixture will start to become thick.
5. Pour the mixture into 6-ounce ramekins. Let the mixture cool completely. Place in the refrigerator to cool overnight.
6. Preheat your broiler.
7. Sprinkle sugar over the top of the ramekins.
8. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet. Place them under the 2 to 3 minutes. The sugar will begin to bubble and it will turn golden brown.
Note: Rotate the baking sheet while under the broiler to make sure the browning is even.