Disney Park Recipe:
Source: Mickey Gourmet Cookbook
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/4 salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 8-ounce package chocolate chips
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together the sugar, shortening, salt, baking powder, vanilla, and egg. The mixture will be light and fluffy.
- Fold in the cake flour.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Using plastic wrap, wrap the dough and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Make 1/2 inch size dough slices.
- Place them on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack.