Disney Park Recipe:
Source: Epcot International Food & Wine Festival – Recipes & Stories Celebrating 20 Years by Pam Brandon & The Disney Chefs
Ingredients Belgian Waffles:
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry active yeast
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons beer
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter, melted
Ingredients Berry Compote:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon red wine
- 1/2 cup apple, orange, or cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup fresh blackberries
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
Instructions Belgian Waffles:
- In a large bowl, sift the flour. Add the sugar and the yeast.
- Create a well in the middle of the mixture.
- Add the water, milk, beer, egg and vanilla extract. Mix the mixture until just blended. It’s ok if the mixture is still a little lumpy.
- Stir in the melted butter.
- Place the batter in the refrigerator to sit overnight.
- Allow mixture to become room temperature before using. Ladle the batter into the waffle maker and cook according to your waffle makers instructions.
- Top with the berry compote and whipped cream. Serve them warm.
Instructions Berry Compote:
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and the red wine. Stir until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- In a small saucepan, combine the fruit juice, sugar, and lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add the cornstarch mixture to the saucepan. Stir in the blueberries and blackberries.
- Cook until the berries are softened and mixture becomes thick. This should take about 1 to 2 minutes. Stir constantly.
- Add the strawberries and stir.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and fold in the raspberries.
- Serve over the Belgian waffles warm.