Disney Park Recipe:
- 6 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well together.
- Cut in the shortening using a pastry cutter or two knives.
- Stir in the milk until the dough forms a ball.
- On a clean and floured surface, flatten out the dough.
- Using a 2-inch biscuits cutter.
- Oil the bottom of the Dutch oven.
- Place the biscuits in the oven.
- Place over the hot coals and place the lid on.
- Cook until the Baking Powder Biscuits are golden brown.