Disney Park Recipe:
- 3/4 oz. Yeast
- 1/2 cup Milk, Lukewarm
- 8 oz. Flour
- 1/2 oz. Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1/8 oz Salt
- 1 tsp Lemon, zest
- 1 cup Water
- 4 oz. Sugar
- Skin of 1/4 Lemon
- 1/4 stick Cinnamon
- 1/2 oz. Rum
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast in lukewarm milk. Mix together. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and mix again. Cover the bowl and place in a warm space. Allow enough time for the dough to double in size. This should take about 1 hour.
- Butter and flour a ring mold.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- On a clean and floured surface, knead the dough until bubbles form.
- Fill half the prepared mold. Cover and let sit until doubles in size.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn out on a wire rack and let cool completely.
- In a saucepan, place all ingredients except the rum. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove from heat.
- Into a large bowl, strain the liquid. Mix in the rum.
- Ladle the syrup over the dough.
- Serve with fresh fruits.