Disney Park Recipe:
Source: Epcot International Food & Wine Festival – Recipes & Stories Celebrating 20 Years by Pam Brandon & The Disney Chefs
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- 8 ounces phyllo dough, thawed (about 20 sheets)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream, slightly whipped, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a medium bowl, carefully mix the apples, raisins, sugar, and cinnamon together.
- In a small saute pan of medium heat, toast the bread cumbs. Stir for 5 minutes and they become golden brown. Place them in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Place a clean kitchen towel over your table or work station. Lay a sheet of phyllo doigh over the towel. Lightly brush the phyllo dough with melted butter. Cover with another phyllo dough and continue with both untill all sheets are used.
- Along the longest side of the top of sheet, sprinkles bread crumbs and then cover with the apple mixture.
- Roll the pastry like you would roll a jelly-roll. Brush the roll with melted butter.
- Place on a ungreased baking sheet seam side down.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. The dough will be golden brown when ready.
- Let the strudel rest at room temperature for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Slice the strudel into 6 portions. Top with whipped cream.