Source: Disney Parks Blog
Berry Compote Ingredients:
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 3 tablespoons orange juice
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 2 tablespoons cornstarch
– 1/2 cup frozen blackberries, thawed
– 1/2 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
– 1/2 cup frozen blueberries, thawed
– 2 cups quartered fresh strawberries, divided
– 2 cups fresh blueberries
Oatmeal Streusel Ingredients:
– 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 1/3 cup oatmeal
– 1/2 cup butter, melted
– 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/3 cup shortening
– 1 cup sugar
– 2 eggs
– 2/3 cup milk
– 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Strawberry ice cream
Instructions for Berry Compote:
1. In a large bowl, combine lemon juice, orange juice, sugar, and cornstarch. Mix together.
2. Add the blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and a cup of fresh strawberries. Mix together.
3. Using an immersion blender, puree until smooth.
4. Fold in the remaining fresh blueberries and a cup of strawberries.
Instructions Oatmeal Streusel:
1. Preheat the oven to 325F.
2. Place a piece of parchment over a baking sheet. You can also use a silicone baking mat.
3. In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, cinnamon, brown sugar, and oatmeal together. Mix together. Pour the melted butter over the mixture. Mix well.
4. Spread the mixture on the baking sheet.
5. Bake for 8 minutes.
6. Let cool for 20 minutes. Crumble the mixture.
Instructions for Cake:
1. Preheat your oven to 325F.
2. Grease eight 8-ounce ramekins.
3. In a medium bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix together.
4. In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together the shortening and sugar.
5. Beat in one egg at a time. Mix well between each egg. Make sure to scrape down the bowl to ensure everything is mixed well.
6. Into the large bowl add half the flour, mix, add half the milk, mix, remaining flour, mix and remaining milk. Mix well. Mix in the vanilla.
How to assemble:
1. Pour 1/3 cup batter into each ramekin. Cover with 1/3 cup berry compote.
2. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Bake until the cake is set. This may take longer depending on your oven.
3. Let cool for 5 minutes.
4. Flip ramekin upside down on a plate. Remove the ramekin. Top with the oatmeal crumble and the strawberry ice cream.