Source: Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Recipes & Stories Celebrating 20 years
Ingredients Carrot Cake :
– 1 cup dried cranberries
– 1 cup orange juice
– 2 cups sugar
– 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
– 3 large eggs, at room temperature
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 1/2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
– 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
– 2 teaspoons baking soda
– 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
– 1 cup chopped walnuts
– 2 cups grated carrots
– 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
Ingredients Cream Cheese Icing :
– 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
– 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
– 1 1/2 to 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 to 3 tablespoons milk
Instructions for Carrot Cakes:
1. In a small bowl, soak the cranberries in orange juice. Let them soak overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 325F.
3. Grease and flour 12 (1/2-cup) ramekins.
4. In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, mix together the sugar, oil, and eggs. The mixture will become light yellow. Mix in the vanilla.
5. In a medium bowl, sift together the 2 1/2 cups flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
6. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and mix well.
7. Discard the remaining orange juice in the cranberry/orange juice mixture.
8. In a medium bowl, combine the walnuts, cranberries, and 1 tablespoon of tablespoon flour. Add the carrots and pineapple. Toss everything together.
9. Fold the cranberry mixture into the batter.
10. Ladle batter into the ramekins.
11. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Cakes are down when a toothpick can be inserted into the middle and comes out dry.
Instructions for cream cheese icing :
1. In a large bowl, cream the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
2. Slowly add 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix together. Keep adding powdered sugar and milk until you reach the thickness of the icing you desire.
3. Flip cakes upside down on the plate, and spread icing over the cakes.