Location: The Chuckwagon Marketplace – Food and Wine Festival – Epcot – Walt Disney World
Ingredients Starter Dough:
- 1 package yeast
- 4 cups warm water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 1 potato, raw, peeled and quartered
Instructions Starter Dough (The night before):
- In a large bowl, stir together the warm water and yeast. Let sit until frothy.
- Stir in the sugar and let the sugar dissolve.
- While continuously stirring, add 4 cups of flour in parts. Do not add it all in at one time. Stir until combines.
- Cut the washed and peeled raw potatos into four equal pieces.
- Sourdough starter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons heaping baking powder
- 3/4 cup oil
- Small amount yeast
- 3-4 cups flour
- Melted butter
- In a stand mixer with a dough hook, place the starter.
- Sprinkle yeast over the starter and mix together.
- Add the sugar and stir.
- Add the salt and stir.
- Add the baking soda and stir.
- Add the oil and stir.
- Slowly add the flour. Stirring after every addition. Add flour until the dough comes together.
- On a clean and floured surface, flatten out the dough over the surface.
- Using a biscuit cutter (or glass), cut the dough into 2-inch rounds.
- Using a dutch oven, add a little oil. Place the biscuits in the oven and lightly brush them with the melted butter. Let the biscuits rise until the wrinkles in the dough have disappeared.
- Place the oven over the hot coals and cover. The biscuits are done when they are golden brown.
For official information, please check out Disney‘s official website www.disney.com.