- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 ¼ cup Stroh rum or dark rum
- Melted butter for the pan
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened (2 ½ sticks)
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Stroh rum or dark rum
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ each lemon grated zest
- 7 each large egg yolks
- 6 each large egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, combine the raisins and rum. Make sure the rum covers the raisins. Let sit overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Brush a Bundt pan with the melted butter. Sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter, confectioners’ sugar, and cornstarch. Beat until pale and fluffy.
- Mix in the rum, vanilla extract, and lemon zest. Mix together well.
- One at a time beat in one egg at a time.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until foamy. Whisk in the salt.
- Gradually mix in the sugar until you have reached soft peaks.
- Drain the raisins.
- Fold the flour into the butter and egg yolk mixture. Do so in three parts.
- Fold in the raisins.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Use a spatula to push some batter towards the edges.
- Bake for 60 to 70 minutes.
- Let cool on a wire rack before taking out of the baked pan.