Ingredients Bread Pudding:
- 8 slices of bread
- ¾ cup sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 ¼ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Cinnamon Sugar (4 tablespoons sugar & ½ teaspoon cinnamon)
Ingredients Bourbon Sauce:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons bourbon
Instruction Bread Pudding:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Butter an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Cut the bread into 1-inch cubes and place in the baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, heavy cream, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk together well.
- Pour the wet mixture over the bread cubes. Press on the bread cubes to make sure the bread sucks up the cream mixture.
- Sprinkle the pecans over the mixture.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over the mixture. Place aside for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes. Bake until a knife can be inserted in the center and when removed comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool.
Instruction Bourbon Sauce:
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, heat the heavy cream and vanilla. Keep stirring for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and sugar. Whisk until fully combined.
- Place ½ cup of the warm cream into the egg mixture and whisk really well. Make sure to keep whisking or the eggs will scramble. Pour the entire egg mixture into the cream mixture and again whisk very quickly until combined. Being careful not to cook the eggs again.
- Place the saucepan back on the stove and cover over low heat. Let simmer for about 2-3 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in the bourbon. Strain the liquid.
- Spoon some bread pudding into your serving dishes.
- Drizzle with some Bourbon Sauce.