Source: Disney Parks Blog
Ingredients Sugar Cookie:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg white
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Food coloring
Instructions Sugar Cookie:
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together the sugar and butter. It will become light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg whites and beat for another minute.
- Turn the mixer to a medium-low speed, add the sifted flour, salt, and beat. The mixture will become a soft dough.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- Cover and baking sheet with parchment paper. You can also you a silicone mat.
- On a clean and floured surface, roll out the dough to a 1/4-inch thick rectangle.
- Cut the dough into six rectangles. They should be 3×5 inches each.
- Place the rectangles on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before moving the cookies.
- Once the cookies have cooled, spread 1 tablespoon of chocolate-hazelnut spread over each cookie. Leave a border of 1/8 inch around the edges of the cookies.
- In a small plate, whisk together the powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons of the milk and the vanilla. If the glaze is too thick, add more milk.
- In a small bowl, place two tablespoons aside.
- Chocolate-Hazelnut side down, dip each cookie in the glaze. It will cover the chocolate.
- Place on a wire rack to harden.
- Stir food coloring into the reserved glaze and drizzle over the cookies.