- 2 1/2 cups Bread Flour
- 1/2 envelope Active Dry Yeast
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 3/4 cups Water
- In a large bowl, sift the flour. Stir in the yeast and salt.
- Add the oil and enough water to make a soft dough.
- On a clean and floured surface, knead the dough for 10 minutes. Knead until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Cut the dough into 12 pieces. Roll each piece to a ball. Roll each ball into a 7 inches long oval.
- In a warm area, flour a baking sheet or area, and cover with a clean cloth. The dough will double in size.
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Oil two baking sheets. Place three pitas on each sheet. Sprinkle each pita with water.
- Bake for 5 minutes. They will puff up and become light brown.
- Remove from the oven. Wrap each pita in a cloth while making the rest of the bread.