Ingredients Chocolate-Coconut Cream:
- 3 cups coconut milk, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
Ingredients Pistachio Cardamom Cakes:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups ground unsalted pistachios
Instructions Chocolate-Coconut Cream:
- In a small bowl, combine the 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1/4 cup sugar, and cornstarch. Whisk together and set the bowl aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the remaining coconut milk and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Slowly whisk the remaining coconut milk, sugar, and cornstarch mixture. Cook until boiling. Remove the mixture from the heat.
- Stir in the chocolate.
- Into a medium-sized bowl, strain the mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Make sure the plastic wrap is touching the mixture. You do not want a skin to form. Place in the refrigerator.
Ingredients Pistachio Cardamom Cake:
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Using a non-stick cooking spray, spray 12-size mini-bundt pan. Set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and cardamom. Stir the ingredients well.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugar. The mixture will become fluffy. Stir in the sour cream.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture, and stir well. Add one egg and mix. Continue all the flour and eggs mixed in.
- Stir in the almond extract and ground pistachios.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick is inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack. Let cool for 15 minutes and then remove from the pan.
- Top each cake with 2 tablespoons of chocolate coconut cream.