Source: Disney Parks Blog
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- -1 cup butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple sugar
1. In a medium pan, combine the pecans and sea salt. Over medium heat, toast for 1-2 minutes. Toast until they become brown and fragrant. Chop the pecans into small pieces.
2. In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Add the sugar and water. Keep stirring until the temperature reaches 295F.
3. Place a silicone mat on a baking sheet. Spread the mixture on the baking sheet and create a triangle. Let cool for at least 3 hours.
4. In a small bowl, melt the 3/4 cup chocolate chips. Spread over the cooled bark.
5. Sprinkle half of the chopped pecans and maple sugar over the chocolate bark. Let cool for at least two hours.
6. In a small bowl, melt the remaining chocolate chips. Flip the pecan bark over. Spread the chocolate over the bark. Sprinkle with the remaining chopped pecans and maple sugar. Let cool for 2 hours. The chocolate will set.
7. Break the bark into multiple pieces. You can store it in an airtight container for up to 7 days.