Ingredients for the Crust:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter-flavored Crisco
- 1 egg and water to make 3/4 cup
Ingredients for the Filing:
- 1 gallon sliced peaches less 2 cups juice
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 1/3 margarine or shortening
- 8 tablespoons cornstarch
Instructions for the Crust:
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, and salt.
- Add the Crisco and mix well.
- Add the egg/water mixture and mix well.
- On a clean and floured surface, roll out your dough.
- In a large bowl, mix together the peaches, sugar, almonds, cinnamon, and salt together.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Mix into the fruit bowl.
- Using margarine, grease the Dutch oven.
- Pour the peach mixture into the dutch oven.
- Top the mixture with the dough.
- Place the dutch oven on hot coals. Cover with the lid. The cobbler is done when the crust is golden brown.