Location: The Chunkwagon Marketplace (hosted by the State of Oklahoma) – Food and Wine Festival – Epcot – Walt Disney World
Ingredients for the Crust:
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter-flavored Crisco
- 1 egg and water to make 3/4 cup
Ingredients for the Filing:
- 1 gallon sliced peaches less 2 cups juice
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons almond
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- 1/3 margarine or shortening
- 8 tablespoons cornstarch
Instructions for the Crust:
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, and salt.
- Add the Crisco and mix well.
- Add the egg/water mixture and mix well.
- On a clean and floured surface, roll out your dough.
- In a large bowl, mix together the peaches, sugar, almonds, cinnamon, and salt together.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Mix into the fruit bowl.
- Using margarine, grease the Dutch oven.
- Pour the peach mixture into the dutch oven.
- Top the mixture with the dough.
- Place the dutch oven on hot coals. Cover with the lid. The cobbler is done when the crust is golden brown.
For official information, please check out Disney‘s official website www.disney.com.