Source: Epcot International Food & Wine Festival – Recipes & Stories Celebrating 20 Years by Pam Brandon & The Disney Chefs
Ingredients Bread Pudding:
- 8 pieces Texas toast or favorite thick-sliced bread
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups whole milk, divided
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Zest of 2 medium oranges
Ingredients Vanilla Sauce:
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon Grand Marnier or favorite orange-flavored liqueur
Instructions Bread Pudding:
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- Cut the bread into 1-inch cubes.
- In the baking dish, spread the bread and sprinkle the cranberries over the bread. Set the dish aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat one cup of milk and the white chocolate. Stir until they are will combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggsm 1 cup milk, sugar,vanilla, salt, cinnamon and orange zest. Mix in the melted chocolate until combined.
- Evenly pour the egg mixture over the bread and let it soak in for 10 minutes.
- Place the pan in a water bath and bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Bread pudding is done with a knife can be insert in the bread and comes out clean.
Instructions Vanilla Sauce:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolkss, vanilla, sugar and cornstarch. It will become slightly foamy. Set the bowl aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium, heat the milk and cream for 3 to 5 minutes. Bubbles with form around the edges.
- Slowly add the milk mixture to the egg mixture and continuously stir with a whisk. Stir quickly so the egg mixture doesn cook and turn into scrambled eggs.
- Place the mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium-low heat. The mixture will become thick and bubbly. This should take about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Grand Marnier.
- Cut the bread pudding into squares.
- Drizzle wih warm vanilla sauce.