Ingredients Lemon Curd:
- 3 eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup fresh juice
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
Ingredients Olive Oil Cake:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
Instructions Lemon Curd:
- In a double boiler, whisk together the eggs, egg yolks, sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice. Whisk continuously or the eggs will scramble. Cook for 10 minutes. Whisk until the curd thickens and all the bubbles disappear on top. Remove the mixture from the heat after.
- Stir in butter in pieces.
- Into a bowl, strain the mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap. Make sure the plastic wrap touches the top of the curd.
Instructions Olive Oil Cake:
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease an 8×8 inch cake pan. Set the pan aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set the bowl aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk milk, and olive oil. Set the bowl aside.
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment on high speed, mix together the sugar and eggs together.
- Reduce the speed to medium, add 1/2 of the flour mixture and mix. Add half the olive oil mixture and mix. Add the remaining flour mixture and mix, and add the remaining olive mixture and mix.
- Pour the batter into the cake pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. The cake is done when a toothpick can be inserted in the center and comes out dry.
- Cut the cake to serve.
- Top with the lemon curd.