Source: Adapted from Disney Parks Blog
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 5 cup mini marshmallows
- 5 ounces Rice Krispy’s cereal
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter and mini marshmallows.
- In a large bowl, place the Rice Krispy’s cereal.
- Fold the melted marshmallow mixture into the cereal treats. If you do this by hand, cover your hands with oil first or you will have a very hard time getting it off later.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the mixture over the baking sheet. It’s helpful to place a piece of parchment paper over the mixture and use a rolling pin to even it out. You want the mixture to be 3/4 of an inch. It needs to be thick enough. Don’t go any thinner than that or you will have trouble placing the stick in it.
- Place in a freezer until completely cool. Don’t skip this step.
- Once cold use a Mickey cutter to cut the shape outs.
- Stick popsicle sticks in the bottom.