- 1 cup cream
- 2 whole large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons granulated maple sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sugar
- 6 tablespoons finely crushed almond cookies
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place 6 5-ounce ramekins on a baking pan with higher walls.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, combine 1/4 cup of heavy cream and the granulated maple sugar. Cook until sugar is dissolved. Place aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cooled maple sugar mixture, remaining cream, milk, eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt.
- Using a fine sieve, strain the liquid.
- Equally, separate the liquid into the prepared ramekins.
- Add enough boiling water into the baking pan to reach halfway up the ramekins. Do not let the water get into the ramekins.
- Bake for 40 – 45 minutes. A toothpick can be inserted and come out clean when ready.
- Place the ramekins on a cooling rack. Let sit for 30 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle one tablespoon of crushed almond cookies on the top of each custard.
- Drizzle each custard with 1 teaspoon of maple syrup.