Location: Le Cellier – Canadian Pavilion – Epcot – Walt Disney World
- 1-pint heavy cream
- 6 oz. whole milk
- 12 oz. (1 1/2 cups) granulated sugar
- 12 oz. (15 eggs) egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons maple extract
- Preheat over to 275F.
- Place baking dishes into two cake pans. Place water in the cake pan to form a water bath for the baking dishes.
- In a double boiler, heat the cream, whole milk, and sugar. Cook until the sugar is dissolved. Do not whip the mixture. Only stir it.
- In a medium bowl, place the egg yolks.
- In a large mixing bowl, place the cream mixture and a little bit of the egg yolks mixture. Stir together well.
- Place the rest of the egg yolks in the large bowl and stir quickly. You do not want the eggs to be scrambled.
- Stir in the maple extract and mix well.
- Strain the mixture into a large bowl.
- Fill each serving dish 1/4 of the way up.
- Bake for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. The dessert will become firm but it will not be hard.
- Sprinkle each custard with sugar.
- Use a torch to melt the sugar on top.